Blackball International aka BI is a non-profit organisation that promotes the game of Blackball-Pool as a world-wide international sport.
While retaining and respecting the complete autonomy and independence of each Member in the administration and running of their organisations, the aims and objectives of BI are:
- To unite the “small ball table” continental and national associations into one international association with only one set of rule play.
- To cultivate mutual friendships with all other types of international and national pool organizations.
- To encourage the development of the game of Blackball-Pool as an national, continental and international sport.
- To create and determine Rules and Regulations for the game of Blackball-Pool
- To adopt a sports policy which is not in conflict with the continental structures of the WPA, WCBS and IOC’s rules as set forth in the Olympic Charter.
- BI recognizes the WADA Anti-Doping Code of the WPA and is determined to do its utmost in order to keep pool-billiards free from any and all performance-enhancing drugs. BI Anti-Doping Rules are in accordance with the WADA Anti-Doping Code.
BI recognizes the WPA as the world governing body of pool sports with regards to their association to the WCBS, IOC, GAISF, ARISF, ASOIF and multiple sports events. BI is constituted democratically as a division of the WPA and refrains from involvement in the internal affairs of the continental and other organisations within BI membership.
BI does not tolerate discrimination against a continent, organisation or individual for reason of race, colour, creed, religion, gender and is politically neutral.